Cam Tran Co Ltd is hiring full time permanent welders!
For those of you who don’t know who we are, we are the manufacturer of distribution transformers! In other words we are an extension of essential services and key component to keeping everyone’s lights on at home! Cool, right?!
With over 35 years of operations in the utility industry, Cam Tran is highly depended upon by most major Canadian Electrical Utility Companies as a primary supplier for the essential power service. We want to immediately offer individuals the opportunity to be a part of this industry and join our family of transformer assembly operators, with full time employment contracts!
- Cam Tran Co Ltd. is a family owned Canadian distribution transformer manufacturing company with facilities located in Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta and New Brunswick.
- With over 35 years in the utilities industry, we continue to grow as one of the leaders in quality and service in the Canadian Electrical Utilities market.
- Cam Tran Co. Ltd. provides a clean, safe, and challenging team environment along with a great "core value" based culture.
- We are an ISO 9001:2015 registered company, and are on a LEAN manufacturing journey.
Location: Cam Tran is located in Colborne Ontario, in the Industrial Park, just minutes off of Highway 401.
Cam Tran Co Ltd is looking for candidates who have a strong commitment to working safely, as well as a strong desire to learn standardized manufacturing processes. We are looking for those who have the demonstrated ability to operate equipment while working in an accelerating environment! Cam Tran strives for 'First Time Quality' and is looking for candidates who put a strong emphasis on completing quality checks, and are always willing to raise their hand to ensure the quality of the product is never compromised. Cam Tran provides a setting for individuals who thrive in a goal orientated environment and enables those who have the willingness to strive to exceed those goals.
This individual will fabricate and assemble metal tanks of various sizes in accordance with customer specifications. This individual will set up, operate and maintain welding equipment, as well as understand company safety measures by wearing specialized goggles, helmets and gloves. The individual's communication skills are essential as they will be required to converse with team members throughout the day.
- A successful candidate will be experienced in GMAW (MIG) welding preferably in a production environment
- Able to read and interpret blueprints or welding process specification and welding symbols
- Safely perform a wide range of tasks such as; conducting material/equipment set-ups, maintaining a clean and organized work space, following job specific work instructions and completing all required quality checks.
- Review production schedule, and communicate accordingly regarding material needs, to ensure time standard requirements are meet.
- Strives to meet daily schedule attainment with the goal of exceeding set out time standards.
- Always follow Cam Tran's ISO procedures, when completing job tasks in order to produce quality parts based upon the established work procedures.
- Raise your hand and flag any non-conforming materials/product to ensure strict adherence to ISO quality standards.
- Complete safety checks of all equipment and/or tools before beginning job tasks, and report issues accordingly.
- Assist team mates with the completion of job tasks, as time allows.
- Actively participates in team huddles, and provides meaningful feedback within the cell.
- Other duties as assigned by the Value Stream Leader.
- Able to work in fluctuating temperatures in summer months and require heavy lifting repetitively
- CWB Certification or Welding Diploma preferred
- 1-3 years’ MIG experience; preferably in production welding
- Has previously collaborated in a team environment, by exchanging ideas and having conversations.
- Has demonstrated the ability to be an efficient problem-solver, by thinking on their feet and troubleshooting small problems as they arrive.
- Acknowledges that attention to detail is a highly important daily task.
- Has mechanical and technical aptitude, with the ability to apply concepts and provide rational.
- Practices safety consciousness and contributes to the prevention of accidents by being aware of hazards and understanding risks.
- Is ambitious and has the willingness to learn and be cross-trained.
- Has a strong work ethic and enjoys tasks that involves physical work and using their hands.
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain accuracy for the task at hand.
- Willingness to ask questions, bring suggestions forward and communicate with others in a positive manner.
- Ability to read and follow the direction of standardized manufacturing instructions.
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly punctual and a reliable, team player.
- Enthusiastic in learning new things, solving problems and moving forward.
Day Shift: Monday through Thursday from 6:00AM-4:30PM (10 hour shifts). Depending on the needs of the business overtime will be scheduled on Friday mornings at 6:00AM.
- Group Health Insurance Benefit Plan and RRSP Program
- Monthly Bonus
- L.E.A.R.N Program Opportunities
- Personal Protective Equipment Allowance
- Opportunities to Advance within the Company
- Employee Engagement Events
If you would enjoy a challenging position, please submit a copy of your most up to date resume!
Cam Tran welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.